Cosmetic Dentistry in Washington, DC
Whether you have a few crooked teeth, unattractive spaces or a discolored smile, there’s a solution, thanks to major advances in the field of cosmetic dentistry. After some consideration, you may be compelled to call a Washington, DC cosmetic dentist, like Carlos Abreu and Mahvassh Abreu, to see which procedures might be beneficial to your unique case.
About Cosmetic Dentistry
According to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD), over 99 percent of Americans place a very high value on a beautiful smile. This is one of the reasons why cosmetic procedures are so common in this country—Americans spend roughly $2.75 billion per year on cosmetic dentistry. Many patients don’t go to their Washington, DC dentist until they have an aesthetic problem that they want to fix, like discolored teeth or unattractive gaps.
Types of Cosmetic Procedures
Any dental treatment that is aimed at improving the overall appearance of the teeth is classified as cosmetic dentistry. Common cosmetic procedures our Washington, DC preforms include:
- Bonding - A procedure in which tooth-colored material is used to close gaps or change tooth color.
- Contouring and reshaping - A procedure that straightens crooked, chipped, cracked or overlapping teeth.
- Veneers - A procedure in which ultra-thin coatings are placed over the front teeth. Veneers can change the color or shape of your teeth. For example, veneers have been used to correct unevenly spaced, crooked, chipped, oddly shaped or discolored teeth.
- Teeth whitening - As the term implies, whitening and bleaching, a rapidly increasing procedure, are used to make teeth whiter.
Though some people assume that cosmetic procedures are optional, some procedures that fall under the category of cosmetic dentistry can also have a significant impact on your overall dental health.
The Many Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
Having a cosmetic procedure is an investment in yourself—you should feel comfortable with the way your teeth look. Here are a few of the short-term and long-term benefits of cosmetic dentistry:
- Adjusts and improves the positioning of your teeth so that you have a better bite.
- Straightens the teeth and reduces uncomfortable crowding.
- Evens out the teeth, making them look more uniform.
- Makes it easier to chew and talk.
- Beautifies your smile and makes it look more natural.
- Makes your face appear younger.
Which techniques should be used to improve your smile? A dental exam by your Washington, DC dentist will take many factors into consideration, including your overall oral health.
Are you interested in a smile makeover with cosmetic dentistry?
Call Carlos Abreu, D.M.D. & Mahvassh Abreu, D.M.D. in Washington, DC
at (202) 496-0891 to schedule an appointment today!